- Iron supplements for blood donors
- Oral iron supplements
- The truth about iron supplements and constipation
- Iron supplements for athletes
- The best iron supplement for sensitive stomach
- Benefits of iron for your immune system
- What does iron saturation mean?
- What is the function of iron in our bodies?
- Iron supplement side effects
- How much iron per day for a woman?
Iron saturation or transferrin saturation is measured as a percentage.
It is calculated by dividing the amount of serum iron by total iron binding capacity (TBIC) – serum iron concentration ÷ total iron binding capacity.
A transferrin saturation percentage may indicate iron overload. Transferrin saturation is also called transferrin saturation index (TSI) or transferrin saturation percentage (TS%).Source: CDC Nutritional Report 2019.